From memoir to fiction, health to hope, here are some great reads about running.
You’re probably taking at least some form of a break from racing in 2020, whether it’s cutting back the mileage or some relaxation during this pandemic year. If so, it’s always nice to kick back and be entertained, inspired, motivated, or provoked by the words of a great writer.
The following books do a fantastic job at stoking your enthusiasm for the sport and your overall running goals. Some are focused on your overall training and the ways you can become a better runner. Others explore the epic journeys from some of the top names in the sport, like Scott Jurek on his amazing Appalachian Trail journey or Meb Keflezighi detailing all of the big marathons in his illustrious career.
Whatever you’re aiming for, we have a recommendation for you! Plus, these books can make great Christmas gifts for your runner pal, if you’re in a pinch.
- Born to Run - one of the most popular books about running since its debut, a MUST Have book
- Good to Go: What the Athlete in All of Us Can Learn from the Strange - aims to resolve which recovery products and practices are worth our time and money.
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World - may be especially interesting to parents wondering how to set up their children for success down the road.
- Mighty Moe: The True Story of a Thirteen-Year-Old Women’s Running Revolutionary - the story of a 13-year-old girl from a suburb of Toronto, Canada, who attempted to break the women’s marathon world record of 3:19 at a small race a few miles from her home.
- North: Finding My Way While Running the Appalachian Trail - plant-based ultrarunner Scott Jurek chronicles his attempt to break the speed record for the 2,189-mile Appalachian Trail
- Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance - is about how we can train our brains to push past physical limitations.
- Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory - Deena Kastor, Olympic medalist and American record holder in the marathon, shares about the importance of optimistic thinking and how the power of positive psychology worked for her.
- Running Your First Marathon: The Complete 20-Week Marathon Training Plan - famed coached Andrew Kastor (and husband of Deena Kastor) gives runners an easy-to-follow training plan for their first marathon, with tips and motivation from world-renowned runners.
Project "Green Tourism Products" (Green Tour Pro) ROBG291 is co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A Romania – Bulgaria Programme.
Total eligible value of the project: 498 884.65 euro
Amount of EU contribution: 424 850.04 euro ERDF
The content of this website does not necessarily represent the official position of the European Union. The initiators of the site are the sole responsibles for the information provided through the site.