Location: Romania – Constanța
Route type: Running
Route length: 4.40km
It was built between 1955-1958 and is located on the cliff below Regina boulevard, near the Constanţa Casino, in the historical center of the city, being an emblematic building. At the time of opening, it was the second aquarium in the country after the one in Bucharest near the Grigore Antipa Museum. It houses approximately 2000 fish of 60 species, divided into three sections of the aquarium, the marine section, Indigenous Swallows, and the Exotic species section representing a collection of freshwater and saltwater fish from both Romania and other areas Europe.
The former Naval School hosts the Marine Museum, the only museum in the country, was opened on August 3 in Constanta. It has an area of 10775 square meters divided into 30 halls and exhibits 37,800 pieces grouped in 33 collections, 22 being museum collections, 8 documentary backgrounds and 3 various, organized on thematic and chronological criteria.
The museum, located in a building from 1893 and considered an architectural monument, which was in turn a post office and a town hall, has a national character and includes exhibits of all genres of folk art divided into geographical areas. The exhibits include ceramics, wood and glass icons, metal, folk port, bark, fabrics, textiles, ornaments, ceramic, wood, metal or indoor fabrics - wipes, tablecloths, bed sheets, bedding, bark, puddles, pillowcases (cotton, birch and wool).
The museum was established in 1878 and is considered one of the richest museums in the country and has unique exhibits of extraordinary value like the white-marbled Glykon serpent and the collection of coins engraved with the Scythian kings. His exhibits are mostly pieces of the Hamangia and Gumelniţa cultures from the Neolithic age, various statues of the Greek deities, works of art, agricultural tools from the slave period, Greek-Roman amphorae, sarcofages dated to the 1st-3rd centuries, etc.
Situated in a modest and chic building in the port of Constanta on the North Digue, the museum was inaugurated in 1996 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the construction of the modern port of Constanta. It has an interior exhibition where port evolution is presented through various exhibits consisting of reproductions of documents, sketches, maps, press articles, etc. and an outdoor exhibition where there is an anchor, a cup used for loading/unloading vessels and a metallic kettle manufactured in Germany.
Museum located in a historic monument building built in neo-romanian style by architect Victor Stephanescu has exhibits consisting of works donated by plastic artist Ion Jalea (1887-1983): sculpture (108 papers), drawings and sketches, reliefs, statues, busts.
It is one of the emblematic buildings of the city of Constanta and the entire country being strongly identified with the Black Sea cliff. It was built between 1909 and 1910 in the Art Nouveau style and at the time of construction it was seen as too complex in details and decorations. He tried to restore himself repeatedly and can be seen in various Romanian or international films, at this time being closed but used as background for various artistic actions from classical music concerts to fashion shows.
Discovered following works in 1959 in the historic city center of Ovidius Square, it consists of 2000 square meters of mosaic from the fourth century. It has been repaired several times until the fortress was abandoned after the great invasions.
The Genoese Lighthouse is a monument that can easily be seen unnoticed, but its beauty and importance for the history of Constanţa is undeniable. The Genovez Lighthouse is located on the seafront, between the Casino and the Navy Headquarters. Despite the name, the monument has nothing to do with Genoese.
Project "Green Tourism Products" (Green Tour Pro) ROBG291 is co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A Romania – Bulgaria Programme.
Total eligible value of the project: 498 884.65 euro
Amount of EU contribution: 424 850.04 euro ERDF
The content of this website does not necessarily represent the official position of the European Union. The initiators of the site are the sole responsibles for the information provided through the site.